How to convert mp3 to m4r - for using them as iPhone ringtones :
This guide will show you how to easily convert mp3 to m4r ringtones so you can use them on your iPhone.
What you need for this operation:
- The mp3 file you wish to convert to m4r.
- iTunes installed on your PC.
How to convert mp3 to mp4:
1. Open up iTunes.
2. Go to File -> Add File to Library -> Your_file.mp3
3. Your selected file will be added in the Music Library.
4. From the upper right corner of iTunes, select the Songs option, to view the library sorted by songs and not by albums.
4. Right click on your mp3 file.
5. Select "Create AAC version". This will create a new version of your file, with the same name but other extension (m4a). It appears below your original file.
6. Now you can right click on the second file in the list and select - Show in Windows Explorer. This will show a folder, depending on the
album information of your mp3 file. Usually it's : Unknown Album. You will find your converted file in that folder.
7. This file has the m4a extension. All you have to do is rename it to a m4r extension. For example: Your_mp3.m4a rename to Your_mp3.m4r. Also be sure you don't just rename Your_mp3.m4a to Your_mp3.m4r.m4a. This is a common error.
Note: If you can't see the file extensions in Windows Explorer, go to Control Panel - Folder Options - View - and uncheck -> Hide extensions for known file types.
(In Windows Vista/Windows 7 this can be found in Control Panel - Appearance and Personalization - Folder Options.)
After the renaming of the file, you can upload it to your iPhone. Here's a guide for how to do this on a jailbroken iPhone - "How to Install Ringtones on the iPhone the Free and Easy Way".
We hope the "How to convert mp3 to m4r" guide helped you !
If you want, you can give us a cup of coffee for our work. It means a lot to us ! Thank you ! :)