How to convert mp3 to m4r - for using them as iPhone ringtones :
This guide will show you how to easily convert mp3 to m4r ringtones so you can use them on your iPhone.
What you need for this operation:
- The mp3 file you wish to convert to m4r.
- iTunes installed on your PC.
How to convert mp3 to mp4:
1. Open up iTunes.
2. Go to File -> Add File to Library -> Your_file.mp3
3. Your selected file will be added in the Music Library.
4. Click it once. Now click the Advanced tab in iTunes (6th upper-tab).
5. From the Advanced tab select "Create AAC version". This will create a new version of your file, with the same name but other extension (m4a). It appears below your original file.
- right click on the second file in the list (from the Music section - left column) and select - Show in Windows Explorer. This will show a folder, depending on the
album information of your mp3 file. Usually it's : Unknown Album. You will find your converted file in that folder.
7. This file has the m4a extension. All you have to do is rename it to a m4r extension. For example: Your_mp3.m4a rename to Your_mp3.m4r. Also be sure you don't just rename Your_mp3.m4a to Your_mp3.m4r.m4a. This is a common error.
Note: If you can't see the file extensions in Windows Explorer, go to Control Panel - Folder Options - View - and uncheck -> Hide extensions for known file types.
(In Windows Vista/Windows 7 this can be found in Control Panel - Appearance and Personalization - Folder Options.)
After the renaming of the file, you can upload it to your iPhone. Here's a guide for how to do this on a jailbroken iPhone - "How to Install Ringtones on the iPhone the Free and Easy Way".
We hope the "How to convert mp3 to m4r" guide helped you !
If you want, you can give us a cup of coffee for our work. It means a lot to us ! Thank you ! :)